Cocktails anyone? Someone, maybe an artist, maybe a sarcastic hipster, has placed a Grand Piano on on a sand bar in Biscayne Bay on a sand bar. The piano appears to have been strategically placed so as to be perfectly visible during low tide. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, as well as the North Miami Police Department and the Miami-Dade Fire Rescue have all stated that they will not remove the piano. All agencies claim it is not their responsibility. From the Miami Herald... "We are not responsible for removing such items,'' said Jorge Pino, a spokesman for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. ``Even a car can become a habitat for wildlife. Unless the item becomes a navigational hazard, the Coast Guard would not get involved.''
For now it seems that the piano will continue to play a lonely tune. Send us some pictures if you are in the area!
- Grand piano appears on sandbank (bbc.co.uk)
- Grand piano found on sandbar in Miami bay (msnbc.msn.com)
- Mysterious grand piano shows up on a Miami sandbar (thestar.com)
- Beached Piano Makes Waves in Miami (abcnews.go.com)
- Chron.com: Ebony, ivory and seawater. Piano turns up on sandbar (chron.com)