If you are like many boaters, diving around to check out fish, ship wrecks, and other underwater curiosities probably gets you excited. If you are looking to shave a couple of bucks off of your boating budget but don't want to sacrifice the underwater scenery, you can try ditching the expensive scuba gear for some serious free diving! In this awesome TED Talk, revered magician and illusionist David Blaine explains how he is able to hold his breath for a record breaking 17 minutes!
You won't likely achieve such Spartan level heroics in a couple of weeks, but you can easily improve your free diving times to Houdini-esque levels in just a couple of days. From BoingBoing.net...
My first baseline test: 40 seconds.
15 minutes later: 3 minutes and 33 seconds (!!!).
- Holding your breath like David Blaine (and Tim Ferriss!) (boingboing.net)
- Hyperventilate to Hold Your Breath Longer [Body Hacks] (lifehacker.com)
- David Blaine Fails To Drown Himself On Oprah [Kind Of Magic] (gawker.com)
- David Blaine's Miracle Snow Plow Blizzard Baby (foxnews.com)
- How David Blaine Held His Breath (time.com)